Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Its time to buckle down and "fix up" the house.  Jacob's birthday party is Saturday and I have to get it show worthy.  My prime target is the boys' bathroom since it is also the main bathroom in the house. (I wanted to give them the master bedroom when we moved in so others didnt have to experience the disgusting mess that is my sons' bathroom.) 

The current situation is paint EVERYWHERE. I allowed my then 4-year old to help paint and while it was fun and precious quality time, it wasnt exactly quality work.  I've lived with it almost a year and for some reason, a week before Jacob's party, I have an itch to either touch it up or repaint (I think repainting would be easier.). Either way I have to buy more paint but that wasnt exactly in the birthday budget. 




I have been thinking for a while of changing the decor to a less kid-oriented theme. I kind of like the bright colors though as the rest of the house is more muted and adult.  What do you think?






If I do change the decor, it will probably be a beach theme. Nothing is more inspiring than nature itself.  Plus I have lots of sea life photos and shells from our many trips to the ocean I can incorporate.

2 comments:

Debbie Faber said...

Tara, I vote for a creamy top color and white beadboard. That way you can continue to use your bright colors as accents and then incorporate you beachy pics :) There is a color called Navajo White by Behr you might take a look at

Tara said...

I finally found the color for our bedroom in the Behr collection (windsurf). When I pick up the paint next weekend I will take a look at the Navajo White. I might do some blues and dark browns to contrast the lighter shades of the walls, floor and vanity.