Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flashback with a Tune

Have you ever heard a song and had your mind flash back to a memorable place/time/people?  I have a few that do this for me.

"Always Be My Baby"-Mariah Cary
     This song always reminds me of jumping on my best friend's trampoline in the summer time.  It reminds
     me of the trees, and her dad's stained glass studio and multiple barns and the little oasis her family built in  
     the middle of Port Huron.

"Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo"-Tracy Byrd
     Wildcat Road.  This song seemed to play all the time during my daily drive to and from Croswell.  The
     current hit by Rodney Atkins, "Take a Back Road" also reminds of this drive. I do miss the dirt roads,
     acres upon acres of fields and trees and the gas station in Jeddo.

"Arms Wide Open"-Creed
     This is Jacob's song.  Mark heard this song while I was pregnant with Jacob and it really touched him.
     Even brought him to tears because he couldn't quite express how he felt about the baby until he had a song
     to relate it to.  This song played over and over and over during the nine months I carried Jake and Mark
     even heard it on his way back to the hospital after making a run home for my bag and crossword puzzles.

There are so many more. Music is such an important expression of those things you can't quite put into your own words.  Whether it be rock or country or gospel, it ties people together.  And in my mind, memories.

No comments: