Saturday, June 21, 2014

Six Month Update

We are now into the sixth month of 2014, so I thought I would update my list.  There are not many changes from the last time and there are definitely a few that are not going to get done.  But, here I go:

1. Take a cooking class.
2. Have professional family portraits taken. -I have tentatively scheduled this for the end of October.
3. Have a date night with one of my boys once a month. (One-on-One time.  I'll take one, Daddy will take the other and the following month, we'll switch kiddos so each boy gets some special time with each parent.) -Unfortunately, this hasnt happened and probably isnt going to. However, we have made more intentional efforts to spend time as a family.  I have had a few changes for one-on-one time with Jacob playing cards and Mark has him involved more with projects he is working on.
4. Learn how to crochet.
5. Go zip-lining. -This is definitely happening!  The weekend prior to my birthday.
6. Run a race with my husband. (We had so much fun with the Warrior Dash last year and this will motivate us both to get back into exercising.) -So, I may not be running with my husband but a friend and I are planning on the Electric Run this fall.
7. Learn how to play the guitar. -One of my summer goals. Now all I need is a guitar...
8. Do at least 4 volunteer opportunities as a family. -One down, three more to go.   
9. Find a church to call "ours". (We have hopped around and tested new waters since we moved to NC 8 years ago.  I keep searching for that feeling I had back home.  I realize now the sense of belonging didn't come from the church, but from our involvement and the relationships made because of it.)  I'm happy to say tomorrow will be my first official Sunday volunteering in the nursery on a bi-weekly basis.
10. Finish 3 books. (May not sound like much to my reader friends but I have a habit of getting to chapter three or four, setting the book down, and never finishing it.) -One down, half way through the second (it is taking me much longer though) and searching for a third.  I have many options, but most are parenting/marriage/faith books that while they are wonderful reads, is what I chose for the first two.  I would like the third be a fictional book simply for entertainment.
11. Be rid of our credit card debt. -Paid off our first credit card this month.  We are constantly working on this and by September I hope to have two more paid off.
12. Work on a car-related project with Mark in the garage. (I helped him replace a transmission once.  It was the summer of 2001.  It meant so much to him.  I think its time I spend some quality time with my guy doing what he loves.) -Um, now we have a new visitor who was last seen in the garage (A SNAKE!).  So, until I know he is gone, I will not be in the garage with Mark. However, I can help him in the driveway. :)
13. Maintain a vegetable garden. -This was supposed to be my Mother's Day present but things just didnt work out. Due to time and the focus on our credit card debt, I am bypassing this again until next Spring.  Then I plan to go with Marissa to get what we need since I haven't a clue.
14. Diet and Exercise so my closet full of clothing fits me properly once again.  (This means consistently going to the gym 4-5 times a week.) -I cancelled my gym membership (see #11) but have started a home exercise regimen through Daily Burn. I'm not consistently doing 4-5 times per week but am getting at least two days in, taking Plexus Slim to help burn the fat, drinking much more water, and making better eating choices (most of the time).  I have noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit but am not satisfied here and will continue to keep up the good work.

No comments: