Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gatlinburg Town Square

Mark and I arrived last night around 9pm.  I am so glad we took my car. I drove through the mountains and I cannot imagine doing those windy roads, between semis and concrete walls, with any other vehicle!  You enter into Gatlinburg and it looks like a city-sized tourist attraction.  The streets are lined with shops and so many places to visit and things to do.  Plus they still have their lighted Christmas displays up, so we are going to walk tonight so I can get some pictures.  It really reminds me of an updated Clifton Hill (from Niagara Falls).  My intentions this weekend were to stay in our room and veg; I'm not sure I can follow through with that now.

What would keep me in our suite is our suite.  It is beautiful!  There is a full kitchen and dining area.  The couches and chairs are very comfortable and all have a viewing of the stone fireplace.  And to top it off, there is a jacuzzi tub in our master bedroom next to the king-sized bed.  I have been so cold lately, so as soon as we got in, Mark bumped the heat to 75 for me and turned on the fire. Its nice not having to worry about the propane for once. :-) 

After scurrying around all day in NC and then driving 6 hours and taking a detour (a road was closed due to snow and ice in the Smoky Mountains) to get here, we decided to park our butts on the couch and stay in.  We ordered pizza, watched tv and just enjoyed being next to each other.

I rolled out of bed about 9 am, made some coffee and turned on the fireplace.  It is so nice to just get up and do whatever it is I want in the amount of time I diem necessary.  I miss my boys, but I know they are in very capable hands and will have lots of fun this weekend.  Mark and I need this break together and I am so grateful for family and friends that helped make it possible. It was long overdue!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Good for you guys! Love your blog layout. :>)