Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Furniture

I think its cute how my husband cannot seem to keep a secret from me. I can't count how many times I've heard, "I was going to surprise you, but..." This time he arranged for a family friend to make us custom bedroom furniture for exchange of car work.  I am so excited!  We decided years ago, when we moved from Michigan, we were no longer going to purchase cheap, venier-covered furniture but wanted to invest over time in solid, wood pieces.  Now we can finally start doing that and I even get to design it. 

We recently purchased a new bedding set and installed new flooring in the master bedroom. I've decided on a blue color for the walls.  Now I am scouring photos to find the right style for our headboard, night stands and a book shelf.

While its a slow process, I am enjoying piecing together our bedroom to make it personal and relaxing.

Here is the new bedding:

No comments: