Friday, August 19, 2011

As we prepare for "Back to School" my mind is whizzing with how busy our fall will be.  Jacob is beginning 4th grade and Austin will start kindergarden.  My intention is to sign up both boys for a fall sport.  Jacob wants to play soccer.  For Austin, the Community Center has a program for 4-5 year olds that gives them a little feel for football, soccer, hockey and t-ball without the stress of competition.  On top of that I am signing up for a Zumba class for some "me" time that does me good. Multi-tasking!

There are plenty of yard projects to be taken care of.  I have been waiting for the weather to cool a bit before tackling them.  Most of the clutter should be gone Labor Day weekend though as I plan a yard sale.  I still intend to paint the office before it gets colder out so I can have the window open to help air it out.

The busiest of all is my little photography business.  I have three weddings in October alone that require days of editing.  I'll have to be on the ball with that!  There is equipment to research to determine whether my next big purchase will be a second camera or a new lens or possibly lighting to help in those dark churches and reception halls.  I also have a pending family photo session once it cools a bit outside, two maternity sessions and newborn pictures.

Despite all the schedule crunches, quick dinners and lack of sleep, fall is my favorite time of year.  I cannot wait for the color changes (although it only lasts about 3 weeks down here and doesnt come until close to the end) and the cooler (70 degree) temperatures where I can pull out my hoodies and enjoy a bonfire without sweating.

No comments: