Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Home Office, once again

After we decided to allow each of our boys to have their own room, the desk went into our bedroom and the filing cabinet "temporarily" went into our bathroom.  Many months later the filing cabinet is still in the bathroom and I am rapidly overgrowing the desk we have.  So in an attempt to make our room a peaceful sanctuary again, instead of a place to pile paperwork, I asked our oldest if he would be willing to bunk with his brother again.  He whole-heartedly agreed (not a single bribe involved!) and moving day will be tomorrow.

I am not looking forward to once again sorting through the boys' toy boxes and clothes but I have a solution for that.  At the physical therapy office I work at we have a playroom that is in need of "older" children toys. Tomorrow the boys will purge their own things, with Mommy having the final say, and that will free me up to do a little rearranging of furniture.

My plan for the office is to have a desk for myself and one for Mark.  However, this is going to be the room where I will let my girlieness shine!  Since I share the house with three males I do my best to keep things neutral, maybe a feminine touch here or there.  I have become quite partial to black, white and pink, LOVE purple and may display a few Paris-inspired items thanks to the Ashland line at Michael's.  The walls are currently a warm, creamy yellow but I think I will paint them the more neutral shade I used on the wainscoting in the dining area.  And possibly, possibly lilac accents....stripes? partial wall? accent wall?

allyou.com

allyou.com IPC Images

allyou.com



No comments: