My dad and I went to the Farmer's Market up the road with the boys this morning. As soon as we pulled in, Austin yelled "Grab your money!", since he and Jacob were paid for their second week of allowance. We walked up to the tables and he blurted, "I want a watermelon." Papa asked the lady how to choose the best one and she showed us the different sounds they make if you flick them with your fingers. She pointed out the best sounding one was the exact watermelon Austin had previously picked out. Austin paid his $2.00 and Papa assisted with the remaining $3.00.
Austin said he wanted to dive his face into the watermelon. Here is that attempt:
Along with his brother's:
They also picked their own carrots right out of the ground. Jacob thought that was really cool. It may be something we try to grow next year.
I also picked up a little something for myself:
Gladiolas. I saw the purple and just had to bring some home!
1 comment:
Yeah, watermelon! Tell the boys "an excellent choice!" And the flowers are loverly, too!! :-)
~Joshua
Post a Comment