Thursday, January 2, 2014

30-Day Challenge

Today I accepted the 30-day challenge with K-Love to listen to only Christian music for the next 30 days.  "Why?", you may ask. Because I am a firm believer that what you put in is what you give out.  Don't get me wrong, I love my country music and there are plenty of great songs and artists out there that I enjoy listening to who fall out of this genre. In time, they will re-enter my playlist. However, Christian music is uplifting, enlightening, safe for the boys and helps keep the peace flowin'.  I have seen and felt the atmosphere change in my home from a tense, negative energy to a much more peaceful and cheerful mood after changing the Pandora station.  This will also keep me focused on one of my previously mentioned goals, actively pursuing God.  If He is what I am hearing about throughout the day, then He is where my focus will lie.  Besides, it is 30 days -one month- of my life.  Out of the 376 months God has given me thus far, I think I can spare the next one for Him.

No comments: