2013 was a year of reflection. I spent a lot of time evaluating what is important to me. It was a quick year, but a quiet one as well. I worked on things internally, reconciling relationships, accepting new people in, pondering my future goals and dreams, the ups and downs of photography. Mark and I focused on our communication to build a stronger marriage and unified us.
Granted, there were plenty of things to keep us busy. Basketball ran through February. Both boys tried out spring soccer with the Upward Sports league. Their cousin, Jenna, even got to play before my brother and his family moved back to Michigan in June. We invited a good friend, his girlfriend and their two young children to stay with us because they were desperate to escape Port Huron. Sarah and the babies eventually went back in September but Josh is here with us still trying to gain some ground. The few months we had with their two little ones will always live with me though. They may have been small, but they sure created a lot of love. My parents, the boys and I took a trip to Michigan in August for my Great-Aunt's memorial and to meet my little nephew who was born in July. We were able to spend some time with both sides of our family, visit with some old friends and even take a night at my favorite childhood place, my grandparents' cabin in Lewiston. It was soccer time again for Jacob in the fall. It was a different feel of the sport and much more competitive than the league he played in the spring, but he still worked hard and improved immensely. This spring he asked to go back to baseball though. It was nice trying something new, but he's been a ball player since he could throw and that's where he is most comfortable. Lastly, I finally got my dream family vacation in October. We took the boys to DISNEY WORLD! We only made it to the Magic Kingdom but it was a goal for the last 10 years I can gladly say we have achieved. Not to mention all the awesome concerts scattered from April through September.
2014 will be my year of action. All of the things I contemplated, reviewed and prioritized last year will now be driven for. I want this year to be one of activity. Actively pursuing my dreams, actively pursuing God, actively pursuing a healthier lifestyle, actively pursuing a richer relationships, and actively pursuing our goal to be debt FREE. This is going to take organization, planning, self-discipline, lots of prayer and lots of support, but I know my heart's desire and am rested and ready to run.
No comments:
Post a Comment