Sunday, January 19, 2014

Writer's Block Unhinged

While filing away bills and school papers, I came across a folder of my school awards and important work.  In high school, I was very shy and seemed to share only one or two classes with friends.  I was very lonely so I resorted to writing stories, scripts and poetry.  One of the papers I came across today is a short story I wrote, for fun, in eleventh grade.  Reading through it, fifteen years later, it really isnt that bad.  I can even picture the scenes as I originally had them when I wrote the story.  While the beginning is great, it was around the time I became more involved in the youth group and acquired some great church friends, taking away time and therefore the substance in the middle and ending.  I may have just found my passion for writing again.  I think I'm going to re-write the "book"!

1 comment:

Morpeon said...

I, for one, am looking forward to reading what you have to write. The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.