Friday, January 3, 2014

My 14 in 2014

A friend of mine wrote a "30 by 30" list for herself and encouraged me to do something similar.  I thought it was a neat idea but brushed it off.  I had no idea where to even start.  Add on my fear of writing and then posting such a list and not accomplishing it and looking like a failure when people would ask.  This hinders me from doing many things. I feel as though if I dont complete what I set out to do, it is wasted time and I let others down.  Well, it is time to grab the bull by it's horns and this fear is the exact reason I created my "14 in 2014".  I can tick away one per month or get them done randomly, but by December 31, 2014 at 11:59:59, I plan to have all 12 items completed.  So, here it goes:

1. Take a cooking class.
2. Have professional family portraits taken.
3. Have a date night with one of my boys once a month. (One-on-One time.  I'll take one, Daddy will take the other and the following month, we'll switch kiddos so each boy gets some special time with each parent.)
4. Learn how to crochet.
5. Go zip-lining.
6. Run a race with my husband. (We had so much fun with the Warrior Dash last year and this will motivate us both to get back into exercising.)
7. Learn how to play the guitar.
8. Do at least 4 volunteer opportunities as a family.
9. Find a church to call "ours". (We have hopped around and tested new waters since we moved to NC 8 years ago.  I keep searching for that feeling I had back home.  I realize now the sense of belonging didn't come from the church, but from our involvement and the relationships made because of it.)
10. Finish 3 books. (May not sound like much to my reader friends but I have a habit of getting to chapter three or four, setting the book down, and never finishing it.)
11. Be rid of our credit card debt.
12. Work on a car-related project with Mark in the garage. (I helped him replace a transmission once.  It was the summer of 2001.  It meant so much to him.  I think its time I spend some quality time with my guy doing what he loves.)
13. Maintain a vegetable garden.
14. Diet and Exercise so my closet full of clothing fits me properly once again.  (This means consistently going to the gym 4-5 times a week.)



No comments: